Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Hi to all!

So this is my very own blog. Hmmm . . . what to say. Well, I'm a full time mom to two wonderful, intelligent, creative, active, energetic, beautiful children. The list of lovely adjectives could go on 'cause, well, I'm their mother. But, really they amaze me sometimes. I learn a lot from them and they're only 8 and 10. But, now that they're getting older and becoming more individual sometimes they can get on my last nerve (both are strong-willed), and that's when I have to give myself a "timeout." All you parents out there know what I mean. See, with 4 of my 5 personal planets in the fire element, well I can have a temper. (That's "astrologyspeak" for all of you non-students of astrology.) All you other fire dominant signs know what I'm talkin' bout.

I'm also a college student, you know, the "non-traditional" kind: returned to school after having my children and getting some "life experience." I don't like the slant of my life experiences during the past 7 years. The majority of it was difficult, heart wrenching at times. But, I did learn from it, still learning from it. Reeling, no, I won't use that word. (ha ha) Child custody battles negatively impact the children in heartbreaking ways and tear you apart. Why people engage in long, drawn out custody battles is absurd, selfish, cruel, wrong and insane. I was not the initiator of the battle, my ex and his mother were. (That's another can of worms I won't open right now, maybe shouldn't at all in this forum, suffice to say mother-in-laws and/or father-in-laws need to let the two parents work it out instead of trying to stir it up and make it more difficult. And I'm being extremely gentle in my language and attitude). The majority of the judges we dealt with were callous SOB's! Why sit on the bench if they don't give a damn about the individuals they are impacting? (deep breath)

In sum, the past 7 years forced me to take a hard look at myself, the direction of my life and the goals I have for my children and myself. Everyone who's gone through a child custody battle knows what I'm talking about. You have no choice but to change and adapt. One of the songs I love to sing along to is Alicia Keys' "Superwoman." (Love that song. I dedicate to all single moms out there. Granted I only like about 5 of the songs on the CD, it's still good.) Sorry, went off on a tangent.

Well, I'll post more later. Want to browse around blogger.com and check out my neighbors, you know steal some of their good ideas. (wink, wink)

No comments: