Wednesday, June 25, 2008

frustrated

The bad thing about having an ex and having to share custody is that when the kids are with him they have no routine, their activities are not as important to him as his own personal needs. I won't go into detail but he's a 34 year old man with a stunted mentality and I'm really tired of dealing with his selfishness. For example, today my son had soccer practice and the selfish #&*@ did not take him. Too much of a "burden" he said with gas prices. EXCUSE ME! UGHHHHHHH! Yes, we all know gas prices are high but I took him to practice (2x/week plus Sat. games) during the school year and I didn't make LAME excuses.

I want my children to have access to all the opportunities available to them. I want them to have the opportunities to develop their talents and strengths. Everyone wants the best for their children, but that only happens with consistent effort. I wish he would just get it. It's not that difficult of a concept.

My 10 year old son's favorite sport is soccer. He is good at it, perseveres and enjoys playing.

He better take him to practice next week!!!

1 comment:

Andra said...

Monica,
Thanks for you post! It's nice to get a "chicks before dicks" post LOL. And I have to say, go you for not letting your difficult situation get you down and still going forward with achieving your goals. I know a lot of women tend to put those things aside when they have kids and get married, and its not until they recognize they are in a dead-end relationship that they also realize their own potential. My mother went through the same thing about ten years ago, and hasn't looked back!
Anyway, I'm going to be studying international finance/economic policy. I chose Scotland because a) I don't speak another language well enough to live in a non-English speaking country; b) London is too expensive; and c) I've always wanted to go there. I love the mountains and the outdoors (you would know, being from CO), and I've been living in Washington, DC for the past four years and can't take the pavement paradise anymore. So...yeah. Plus, I've always thought kilts were sexy :)
Keep your chin up, I look forward to reading your posts!
Andi